Pages

31 October 2009

It began with a word..."yes". Part 2


"Meet me on the far side of Keleti Train Station in 30 minutes,"I wrote, "I'll get the OMS van and pick you up." An hour later we were piling several large packs, countless smaller back packs, and 7 road weary and wet warriors into our living room. I wish, Dear Reader, that I could say at this point that I had the slightest clue as to what God had in mind, but Mike, Denise, Ashley, Nicole, Ralph, Bambi and Lindsay were camped out in my living room, and my life would absolutely never be the same.

Realizing I had somewhat of a captive audience, I asked if two of them would be willing to share their testimony at our Friday Night Youth and Young Adult Ministry. They graciously agreed.

Friday night came, and they laid out their testimony's with painful tenderness and honesty. In the moments immediately following I noticed Zsofi, a young girl who was part of our group, talking with a few of our guests, tears in her eyes. I suddenly understood, "this is why they are here,"I thought, but how I under estimate God sometimes.

Over the next week I got to take our guests around my city. They listened patiently while I prattled on about the history of everything from Castle Hill, to my street corner. We laughed, we cried, we wore ourselves out, and even froze a little bit. They quickly grabbed on to Zsofi, and she to them, and most of our trips included this 19 year old Hungarian Gem. Zsofi told me, "you need to have Americans like this around more often."

And so it was, during a phone conversation last Monday night that Zsofi mentioned to me that she had felt God's presence the previous evening, and that she wanted to feel it again. After a short discussion I bluntly asked "Zsofi, are you ready to accept Christ and give him eveything?" Her answer "yes", and while I led her through the first lines of the same prayer I had prayed to God, I looked to my left and saw my clock. 9:06 pm. The world stood still. I suddenly realized what was happening.

This is what it's all about. This is why we are here. This was why our beloved living room squatters were here. In a moment all the angels of heavens choir snapped to the edge of their seats. The confetti angels waited with handfuls of gold confetti, and it seemed that all of Heaven held it's breath. Slowly tenderly she prayed with me, and accepted the gift of Salvation from our Lord Jesus Christ. I came out into the living room and wept like a child relating to our guests what had happened. The following day we had a Re-Birthday party for Zsofi at her apartment. Monday, October 26th, 2009 is a day that a new creation was born, and it was in no small part due to the love of God in 7 stranded Americans.

The Bible says that a single soul is worth more than all of the treasures of our world. I would like to thank Mike, Denise, Ashley, Ralph, Nicole, Bambi and Lindsay for helping to make that kind of investment into the Kingdom of God.

When I picked them up that first day, one of the girls told me that I was an Angel. I don't think so, for in complete honesty Dear Reader, they were MY 7 Angels. In a hard moment, when I was lonely, discouraged and struggling, they came to My rescue, and pulled ME from the hard floor, whilst they slept on mine.

One "yes" has ultimately led to another "yes", and I had the privelage and honor of being a part of it. I am utterly amazed, recharged, encouraged, and ready for more. But I can't help but ask myself the question...What would have happened if I had said..."no"? - Jonathan

No comments: