Pages

10 January 2012

New Year, New Direction, New Life

Happy 2012.  I don't know about you but I'm still not used to writing 2012 yet.  Traditionally a New Year brings a lot of optimism and 'resolutions' with it.  Health goals, financial goals, spiritual goals, and the like are launched in early January with a hope and prayer of change.  As I think about the future and directions, it occurs to me that we have some amazing things to look forward to in the first quarter of this year, and these things actually will happen, unlike giving up ice cream for example.

If you read our newsletters than you already know of some of the new changes going on this year in the Long ministry.  Grant has been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, and while this is saddening, we praise God that it hasn't been accompanied by Autism or severe ADD which I have recently learned is often the case.  He has begun therapies with three different therapists, and we are already seeing progress.  We will update you from time to time on this blog.

As many of you know, Corinne and I are expecting our third child this Feb/Mar, and unlike our first two, this one is a girl.  As you can imagine this has brought on a lot of excitement, and suddenly I'm seeing t-shirts with dinosaurs and motorcycles giving way to pink dresses.  After two boys it seems odd shopping the other side of the aisle.  We're very excited about welcoming our baby girl soon, though for some strange reason I'm a little nervous as well.  I understand boys, I've been one....well....my whole life.  Girls are new territory, uncertain territory.  I think to some extent I know that what everyone tells me is true and that I'll soon be wrapped around a very small little finger, and maybe that adds a little nervousness as well.



New place, new life, oh....and a new role.  As you also know if you read our newsletters, I will be working with OMS leadership to develop a plan for identifying, developing and fitting leaders within OMS' 58 fields.  This position is right up my alley of interests and I'm super excited to see how I can help our organization become even better at how we manager our resources and people, which will translate to results.  In the short term we'll also be raising funds as we are not fully funded.  We also plan to return back overseas and will have to raise additional funds for that as well.  M

So as you can see, we have a lot going on this first quarter of 2012.  It's an exciting time in the Long Family and we are going to endeavor to update you through this blog on a weekly basis.  So please stay tuned to the Long Lifeline.

Jumping in to 2012,
Jonathan for the Longs

No comments: